Hiring Immediately!!! (Columbus, OH) We need an experienced Network/Cabling Technician in the Columbus, OH area immediately! We are looking for reliable, self-motivated individuals to perform installation and troubleshooting of cable (Cat5, Cat6 & Fiber), network equipment, servers, workstations, printers, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain cable systems by installing, repairing, and upgrading cable infrastructure.
- Assist in moving and installing IT equipment such as Workstations, Printers, NASs, UPSs, switches, routers, etc.
- Perform major and minor preventive maintenance and repairs by troubleshooting cabling system issues.
- Ability to test and certify cabling
- Assist in testing and troubleshooting of structured cabling systems and networks.
- Perform excellent cable management
- Timely completion of day to day paperwork
- Understand, adhere to, and promote environmental, health & safety policies.
- Must pass a background check and drug testing
- Assist co-workers with installation and routine maintenance of structured cabling systems
- Knowledge and operation of hand tools, power tools, ladders, and test equipment.
- Interpret service orders
- Working with hand tools
- Knowledgeable in structured cabling and network technologies
- Communicate effectively and appropriately when dealing with other departments and/or personnel at levels up to President.
- Willing to self-learn new skill and technologies
- Communication skills - written and oral
- Operate equipment for testing and repair of network cabling
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Technical degree or certification (A+, Network +) preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of directly related field experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, procedure and technical manuals, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Ability to work independently and periodically manage projects.
- Ability to maintain organization, meet deadlines and possess integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Must have reliable transportation
This is contract work and will pay $20 per hour. Currently, it is estimated that we need team members who can work approximately 30 hours per week or more.